A message from the CEO
The Australian Meat Industry Council (AMIC) is privileged to provide our members with the AMIC 2017/2018 Annual Report. Our audited financial statements provide members with a clear view of the financial performance and management of AMIC, as well as the key areas of investment performance as well as management expenditure.
AMIC continues to undergo significant structural change, which follows on from the number of staff changes last year, to provide members with a more streamlined and effective business service, as well as increasing our advocacy and policy program, across all membership. This has led to the following new programs, to be delivered in 2018/19:
- Development of new Member Services division tackling key areas including:
- Events and marketing
- Member Engagement
- Restructure of Retail Group to better service member within a more streamlined structure. This includes the following:
- A national operations manager overseeing the implementation of the operating plan for retail and smallgoods management. This person will be assisted by two Senior Relationship Managers in VIC and QLD who in turn work with our ground team on member relationship, event management and key industry issues
- Implementation of new communications structure, including:
- New website;
- New CRM program to assist in better management of issues for members;
- social media structure;
- Strengthened advocacy program, to tackle specific state based issues for upcoming state elections as well as a national program for the 2019 Federal General Election
- Implementation of new Smallgoods program, including new AMIC Smallgoods council structure
AMIC continues to strengthen its relationships with major industry and government stakeholders, as well as embarking on international trade relationship programs, most notable China (underpinned by Meat and Livestock Australia). Further, AMIC is establishing working partnerships with a number of associations.
AMIC continues to strive for better representation, issues management, member services, key industry events and other activities in order to provide a strong industry voice for all our members in all industries that we represent.
Thanks to the whole AMIC team for a successful 2017/18, and hopes for a bigger and better 2018-19 for all of you, our members.
Chief Executive Officer