Tuesday 31 August 2021
ACT will remain in lockdown for a further two weeks, until midnight on Friday 17 September.
Chief Minister Andrew Barr has announced that the ACT will remain in lockdown for a further two weeks, after 13 new COVID-19 cases were recorded in the 24 hours to 8.00pm last night.
From 5pm Thursday 2 September, the following will be permitted:
- One household (any size) or up to 5 people can gather outdoors for up to 2 hours for exercise or non-organised recreation
- The number of people able to attend a funeral increased to no more than 20 people
- The number of people able to attend a wedding increased to no more than 10 attendees
- The recommencement of services that operate outdoors and where physical distancing can be maintained.
The six essential reasons to leave your house remain:
- To buy essential groceries and medicine
- To access essential healthcare including in-home care
- For essential work
- To exercise outdoors for two hours per day in your region
- To get a COVID-19 test
- To get a COVID-19 vaccination.
To keep up to date, as and when updates are published, visit: ACT Government COVID-19 updates >
Please ensure your COVID-Safe plans and QR codes are in place, and contact AMIC if you have any questions, we are here to help.