Friday 10 September 2021
The NSW Government is now providing the $320 COVID-19 Test and Isolate support payment across the state to support eligible workers who need to self-isolate and are unable to work while waiting for their COVID-19 test result.
The $320 payment is to encourage workers to get tested immediately if they are feeling unwell, even with mild symptoms, and to isolate at home and avoid potential COVID-19 transmission.
To be eligible, workers must
- be 17 years and over
- have had a COVID-19 test:
- on or after 13 August if you live in a local government area of concern
- on or after 8 September if you live in NSW
- have needed to self-isolate after their COVID-19 test, or be the carer or guardian for someone who needed to self-isolate after their test
- be likely to have worked during the period of self-isolation and are unable to work due to being required to self-isolate following a COVID-19 test
- not have access to sick/carer/pandemic leave entitlements, and not be receiving or eligible for any other income support including a pandemic payment.
Applications can be lodged once in a 30-day period, from the date a person has taken the COVID-19 test.
For more information or to apply visit Service NSW.
Looking after your mental health
Looking after your business, workers and income is a big concern for many, but mental health is also important during these challenging times. Support is available for individuals and businesses who need it.
- Free mental health training for business operators and staff
- Free and confidential mental health coaching for small business owners from Beyond Blue
- Resources and tools to support mental health and to navigate uncertainty and change:
If you or someone you know needs support, call one of the following numbers:
- Lifeline Australia 13 11 14
- MensLine Australia 1300 789 978
- Suicide Call Back Service 1300 659 467
- Beyond Blue 1300 224 636
- NSW Health Mental Health Line 1800 011 511.