Become a Member
Considering joining AMIC?
The Australian Meat Industry Council is the only association representing the post farmgate red meat sector. AMIC is your voice and your biggest supporter, working always towards the goal of improved profitability for members.
Join now with your industry
Click on the image to flip through the brochure
Domestic and export processors, wholesalers, non-packer exporters.
Open to Independent Retail Butchers, small, large, regional and metropolitan.
Open to manufacturers and retailers of smallgoods products.
Workforce Services for AMIC members
The AMIC Workforce Services Team is resourced with experienced staff who can provide comprehensive advice to meet members’ needs across all aspects of HR & IR.
Wages, Awards and Agreements
- Wage calculations, including leave and termination payments
- Interpretation of awards and leave issues
- Enterprise bargaining advice.
Employment Relations and
- Recruitment, termination, unfair dismissal and discipline matters
- Traineeships and apprenticeships
- Discrimination, harassment, and equal employment opportunity issues
- Industrial dispute resolution
- HR audits
- Templates and advice on a large range of workplace policies and procedures (eg. alcohol and other drugs in the workplace)
- Policy advice and development
- Handling inquiries and investigations from industrial inspectors
- Assisting members in industrial commissions and courts, including case preparation
- Advocacy and lobbying of Federal/ State governments and departments on workforce issues.
Workplace Health & Safety, and
Workers Compensation and WH&S advice, including risk management, injury management and policy implementation.
Additional member benefits
- All general enquiries are included as a member benefit
- AMIC support includes up to four hours preparation and representation before tribunals, and commissions on employment relations issues, by a member of the AMIC Workforce Services Team
- AMIC develops and conducts, webinars, seminars, and tutorials on various aspects of employment conditions and requirements
- Access to member portal, which provides resources, webinars, wage sheets, campaigns, events, e-newsletters, the Meat Industry Award and more
- There is one Meat Industry Award which applies to all members (except sole traders/partnerships in Western Australia). AMIC is in a unique position to provide advice on this Award
- AMIC can also advise on the various Federal and State legislation that applies to members.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can someone come and see me?
We have Member Relationship Officers in the field that may be able to come and visit you in person. Contact us at [email protected] to find out more.
Can I get involved with Councils?
We are always looking for interested members to fill places on Councils and Committees. Contact us to find out more and hear about current vacancies.
What is the cost of membership?
Membership is based on the
I’m passionate about an issue – can I raise it?
AMIC exists for our members and we welcome hearing from you on current issues that impact your business and how AMIC can support you with advice and advocacy.