Friday 26 November 2021
The NSW Government has announced updates to the roadmap for easing restrictions after the State reaches the 95 percent double dose vaccination target or 15 December, whichever comes first.
These changes include:
- Masks will only be required on public transport and planes, at airports, and for indoors front-of-house hospitality staff who are not fully vaccinated
- No density limits (previously one person per 2sqm)
- COVID safety plans will be optional for businesses and will be supported by SafeWork NSW
- QR check-ins will only be required at high-risk venues including hospitals, aged and disability care facilities, gyms, places of worship, funerals or memorial services, personal services (e.g. hairdressers and beauty salons), limited hospitality settings (including pubs, small bars, registered clubs and nightclubs), and for indoor music festivals with more than 1,000 people
- Proof of vaccination will no longer be required by Public Health Order for most activities (businesses can still require proof at their own discretion).
To maintain high levels of immunity across the community, NSW Health is rolling out a booster vaccination program at its clinics to individuals aged 18 and older who received their second dose of a COVID-19 vaccine six months or more ago.
AMIC will continue to keep all members updated on any changes and restrictions.