2019 Wage Rates, Penalties and Percentages
The Fair Work Commission (FWC) handed down the 2019 Annual Wage Review Decision on 30th May 2019. The FWC decided to increase the minimum adult rates of pay in each of the Modern Awards by 3% per week (including the Meat Industry Award 2010). They decided to give a percentage increase rather than a flat dollar amount. This was because the awarding of a flat dollar amount erodes the relativities between the money levels.
As is usual with past federal wage decisions:
- Junior and Apprentice wages receive a proportionate increase; and
- The increase can be absorbed into any overaward payments paid; and
- Persons on Traineeships are subject to pay scales under National Training Wage scales.
The operative date for the increase is the First Full Pay Period to Commence on or after 1stJuly 2019.
Wage/Calculation and Explanation Sheets
Please click here to view wage sheets for reference. Included in the sheets are:
- New weekly rates with various casual rate and overtime calculations;
- Apprentice percentages;
- Various explanation notes;
- New allowance rates;
- Detailed wage and overtime calculations for Junior levels 1 to 6;
- Detailed wage and overtime calculations for apprentices.
The Australian Meat Industry Council is all about our members being Retail, Processing and Smallgoods.
© 2019 Australian Meat Industry Council. All rights reserved
2nd Floor, 460 Pacific Highway
St Leonards NSW 2065
PO BOX 1208
Crows Nest NSW 1585
P: 02 9086 2243
E: [email protected]
MORE ABOUT US